「鲍里斯」英国至暗时刻:首相住院、谣言四起,女王破例出面救场( 四 )


然后 , 便是这一次——2020年 , 新冠肺炎大流行 。
「鲍里斯」英国至暗时刻:首相住院、谣言四起,女王破例出面救场
本文插图

她感谢了医务工作者 , 坚守岗位的人们 , 还专门感谢了待在家的人 , 说他们的做法保护了其他人 。
她还提到了人们在疫情中面临的财务和情感困难 。 她回忆英国二战时的险境 , 希望民众团结一致 “后人会说 , 这一代的英国人也像过去一样强大 。 ”
在这个情况越发危机的时刻 , 我想向大家传递一下信息
I am speaking to you at what I know is an increasingly challenging time 我们的国家正处在一个混乱的时期
A time of disruption in the life of our country 一个给一些人们带来悲痛
a disruption that has brought grief to some
给许多人带来财政困难
financial difficulties to many
给我们所有人的日常生活带来巨大变化的混乱时期
and enormous changes to the daily lives of us all 我要感谢 NHS 一线的每一个工作者 , 护理人员 , 和那些发挥重要作用的人们
I want to thank everyone on the NHS front line, as well as care workers and those carrying out essential roles, 他们走出家门 , 无私地继续承担着每日的职责 , 支持着我们所有人who selflessly continue their day-to-day duties outside the home in support of us all 我确信 , 全国人民将与我一道感恩你们的付出
I am sure the nation will join me in assuring you that what you do is appreciated 你们每一个小时的辛勤工作 , 都将使我们更接近从前正常的日子
and every hour of your hard work brings us closer to a return to more normal times 我还要感谢那些留在家中的人 , 你们帮助保护了弱势群体
I also want to thank those of you who are staying at home , hereby helping to protect the vulnerable 使很多家庭免受一些人已经感受到的 , 失去亲人的痛苦
and sparing many families the pain already felt by those who have lost loved ones. 我们正在共同应对这一疾病
Together we are tackling this disease 我要向你们保证 , 只要我们保持团结和决心 , 我们就能战胜它
and I want to reassure you that if we remain united and resolute, then we will overcome it. 我希望在未来
I hope in the years to come 每个人都能为自己在这段疫情中的应对方式感到自豪
everyone will be able to take pride in how they responded to this challenge. 那时我们的后人会说 , 这一代的英国人也和以往一样强大 。
And those who come after us will say the Britons of this generation were as strong as any 自律 , 具有幽默感的决断力和同情心 , 始终是这个国家人们的特质
That the attributes of self-discipline, of quiet good-humoured resolve and of fellow-feeling still characterise this country 我们对这份特质的自豪 , 不光是我们历史的一部分 , 也决定了我们的当下和未来
The pride in who we are is not a part of our past, it defines our present and our future 全民为一线工作者鼓掌致意
The moments when the United Kingdom has come together to applaud its care and essential workers
必将被作为民族精神铭记
will be remembered as an expression of our national spirit
孩子们笔下的彩虹就是它们的象征
and its symbol will be the rainbows drawn by children 在英联邦和世界各地
Across the Commonwealth and around the world 人们相互传递食物和药品 , 关心邻居


推荐阅读